Students of 3ESO -A have built a solar cooking to demostrate that solar energy is the future of renewable energy.
A solar oven is an appliance which uses heat from sunlight to cook food. It eliminates the need for fuel or electricity for the purpose of cooking. Our solar ovens are available in several sizes.
Advantages of Solar Cookers or Solar Oven.
The biggest advantage of solar cookers is their eco-friendliness. By using a solar cooker, you can let go of your dependence on gas or electricity. You can maintain better air quality indoors and reduce the amount of carbon monoxide emissions. You can also enjoy cooler temperatures indoors and conserve more fuel by reducing the need for air conditioning.
In the video students explain the advantages of cooking with a solar oven.
Students 3ºESO-B have done a good job building a solar oven.
Advantages and benefits of solar cooking.
- First of all you may have realized that the energy from the sun is free.
- Second it uses none of our limited natural resources that are currently being used for other energy applications in our modern world… It is good for our environment.
- Third it can be a more healthy way of preparing our foods for consumption as opposed to gas, smoky open fire, microwave etc. because it uses the natural power of the sun’s energy.
And, best of all, it preserves more of the natural nutrients of the foods by cooking at slower and lower temperatures.
- Since solar ovens are used outdoors, unwanted heat will not cause temperature rises indoors as with conventional stoves, saving even more energy.
- It can also be a very enjoyable hobby or pastime, especially for those who love to cook.
- Being able to solar cook is a great advantage in times of trouble and disasters.